You can become a Tricycle Community Sustaining Member here.
On February 1, we're hosting our first online video retreat! Nawang Gelek Rimpoche will lead an eight-part teaching on the Four Noble Truths. During the course of the teaching, you will be invited to ask questions and participate in discussions that follow each weekly segment. Tricycle Sustaining Members will be able to participate in this and all other retreats throughout the year. If you're not already a member, join here.
Gelek Rimpoche on the Four Noble Truths
The retreat will contain eight video teachings:
1. The First Noble Truth: Suffering
2. Understanding The Truth Of Suffering
3. The Second Noble Truth: The Cause of Suffering
4. The Cause Of Suffering: Addiction To Negative Emotions
5. The Cause of Suffering: Karma
6. The Third Noble Truth: Cessation of Suffering
7. The Fourth Noble Truth: The Path
8. The Fourth Noble Truth And Three Higher Trainings
Reading material will be supplied with each teaching. Senior students will lead discussions that follow, and each week, Rimpoche will answer selected questions submitted by participants. Become a Tricycle Sustaining Member and join us!
Gelek Rimpoche is one of the last great living Tibetan Buddhist masters to be fully educated in old Tibet. He is known for his knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism, culture and history. Since the late 1980s, he has given thousands of lectures and presentations to Westerners.
You can become a Sustaining Member here. Watch this space for more information!
What is a Tricycle Community Sustaining Member and how do I become one?
A Tricycle Community Sustaining Member is a member with full access to Tricycle's offerings in print and online, including:
- Access to Tricycle's Online Retreats with some of today's most renowned teachers
- A one-year print subscription to Tricycle: The Buddhist Review
- Access to the digital edition of Tricycle
- Online Access to nearly two decades of wisdom from the pages of Tricycle
To become a Sustaining Member, click here.
I am a print subscriber. How do I access the Online Retreats?
Become a Tricycle Community Sustaining Member here. You will gain full access to Tricycle's online and print offerings through the life of your current subscription, plus one additional year.
I am a digital subscriber. How do I access the Online Retreats?
As a digital subscriber, you already have access to Tricycle's Online Retreats. The next retreat begins on February 1.
What will this Online Retreat consist of?
This Online Retreat will consist of eight video dharma talks by Gelek Rinpoche, which will begin at tricycle.com on Monday 1 February and will continue each week thereafter for seven weeks. Additional material will be supplied with each talk and you will have an opportunity to submit questions. Those selected will be answered the following week. You will also have an opportunity to discuss the teachings online with senior students.
More questions? Email us.