Tricycle interns are responsible for supporting the editorial and web staff in order to ensure the development of high-quality digital and print content for Tricycle's magazine and website. In addition, interns are encouraged to develop projects of their own under the guidance of a Tricycle staff member. Interns generally work 2–3 days per week for a term of three months at our New York office. This internship is paid.
- Maintain and update the magazine online archive
- Support editorial staff with permissions requests for excerpts and artwork
- Develop links between print and online content
- Assist with fundraising and development efforts
- Assist in selecting Daily Dharma quotations
- Participate in staff editorial meetings
- Research upcoming books and assist in selecting titles for excerpts and reviews
- Assist with social media effort
- Write weekly blog posts
- Review unsolicited submissions (art and editorial)
Tricycle accepts applications for its editorial internship on a rolling basis. To apply, please send a cover letter that specifies any Buddhist or writing background, a résumé, and two writing samples to email@example.com with "Editorial Internship" in the subject line.